Tuesday, July 24, 2007

9 gardens

Remember Ed Rooney from Ferris Bueller, and the "your son has been absent niiiiiine tiiiimes"? Well, we have niiiiiiiiine gardens. We have 4 hands, one dog who poops as she walks, and 9 gardens. This can't be a good combo. Anyone who has seen our paltry plant collection knows that the fate of the countless plants and flowers in those 9 gardens is uncertain. I don't prune. I don't really get off the couch. Which is why this whole home ownership thing is going to be a challenge. I crunched the numbers a million times over - we can afford it (JUST barely)...but I didn't think about having an 80-year-old furnace, or pruning 9 gardens, or shutting off exterior water lines to prevent freezing in the winter, or paying $459 for ONE gas bill, or actually having *an electrician*. I kind of like the notion of breaking crap in someone else's house and having someone else pay for it. This whole personal responsibility thing eludes me.

But I'm looking forward to having a party!! Come visit September 1 -- hurry, before the air conditioner craps out!!

No comments: